Local scholarships offered to San Diegos students
Scholarships for the 2022-2023 school year
Author: JA Staff
Published: Tuesday, 02 Nov 2021
Image caption: Scholarship Oppurtunities
Students and young adults are eligible for hundreds of scholarship to support them in their future success, and JA San Diego wants to be a resource in creating awareness of these opportunities. There are lots of scholarship opportunities out there, but it can be hard to know where to start looking. Below you will find scholarships being offered by local companies and organizations. Check back regularly for updated opportunities!
Every year, the EngineerGirl website sponsors a contest dealing with engineering and its impact on our world. The topic and detailed instructions for the contest are posted in September with a deadline for submissions on February 1st of the following year. Winners are announced in the spring.
Since 1997, $36 million has been awarded to thousands of students who help fuel our San Diego economy – making our program the largest private non-university scholarship provider in San Diego County.
Scholarships are available for: Graduating high school seniors, undergraduates, graduate, medical and professional school students and adult re-entry students who are attending community colleges, four-year universities, career/technical schools, teaching credential programs and graduate, medical or professional schools in the United States.
- Application available online: December 1, 2021
- Deadline to finish application: February 2, 2022 (2:00 p.m.)
- Applicants notified: By June 1, 2022
LPA INTERDISCIPLINARY DIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
Applicants to the LPA Interdisciplinary Diversity Scholarship Program must:
- Be high school seniors in states California and Texas
- Have been accepted in a full-time undergraduate study at an accredited NAAB, LAAB, ABET, CIDA, NASAD, four or five-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year
- Pursuing a degree in one of the following majors associated with the building and design industry: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Interior Architecture/Design, Architectural Engineering, Structural Engineering, Building Science, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related degree
- Be Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander and Women of all races
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $5,000 award. Up to five (5) awards will be granted. Applications are due Friday, January 28th, 2022.
APPLY HERE: https://learnmore.scholarsapply.org/lpa/
ILLUMINA CORPORATE FOUNDATION SD2 SCHOLARS AWARD
Applications have opened for our Illumina SD2 STEM Scholarship! Submit your application by Wednesday, December 1st.
The scholarship provides financial support for underrepresented high school students in San Diego County that have an interest in pursuing a degree in a STEM-related field. Partnered with Illumina Corporate Foundation, each award is $2,500 and there are 4 available for the 2021 academic school year. Apply in the link below or check out more information on the scholarship by visiting the Scholars Page.
APPLY HERE https://sd2.org/new-scholarship-illumina-sd2-stem-scholarship/
San Diego & Imperial County Cal-SOAP
Cal-SOAP's mission is to provide information about postsecondary education and financial aid to elementary through high school students while raising their academic achievement levels. In particular, Cal-SOAP is committed to providing services to students from any of the following backgrounds: low income families, families in which they would be the first to attend college, schools with documented low eligibility or college participation rates, or geographic areas with documented low eligibility or college participation rates.
Check out their website for guidance on how to apply for scholarships and for a comprehensive list of available scholarships.
VISIT WEBSITE: https://www.calsoapsandiego.org/scholarship-information