JA San Diego Company Program Details
Take San Diego's students on an entrepreneurial journey!
What is involved?
- Semester-long program with 14 two-hour sessions that may be delivered in-class, after-school or virtual
- Local business-minded volunteers mentor the students (recruited by JA)
- The program is delivered digitally through JA’s learning management system with fillable PDF worksheets
- Students are tasked to solve an issue in their community by creating a product or service
- Students will learn the key elements of creating, organizing and operating a business
- Optional PitchFest and Spring Competition events available
- CTE classes such as engineering, health pathways and computer science are welcome
- Check out student team company reports and commercials below!
- Recruiting/matching: November/December
- Program starts: Late January
- Program ends: May
- Virtual and in-person implementation available
Volunteers: How can you get involved? We are always looking for business-minded volunteers for the roles below:
- Mentor: Be a classroom mentor with 4-7 classroom visits over 14 weeks (4-12 hour time commitment total). As a mentor, you can work alone or with co-mentor(s). Curriculum and training are provided.
- Subject Matter Expert: Bring your real world experience to the classroom (in person or virtually) as a guest speaker on topics such a design thinking, marketing, sales, business plans, etc. (1 hour commitment per classroom)
- Judge: Judge and provide feedback for student company pitch sessions (2-5 hour time commitment)
We will start matching volunteers with classrooms in December for Spring semester. Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that might be interested!
VOLUNTERS: VOLUNTEERS CAN REGISTER HERE.
TEACHERS: SCHOOLS CAN REGISTER HERE.
Have questions about getting involved or how this program fits in your classroom? Contact Jenni Preciado at firstname.lastname@example.org.
JA Company Program
For more information about the JA Company Program program, visit the JA Company Program program page.
JA Company Program Competition Presented By OtterCares