JA San Diego Company Program Details
Take San Diego's students on an entrepreneurial journey!
What is involved?
- Semester-long program with 14 two-hour sessions that may be delivered in-class, after-school or virtual
- Local business-minded volunteers mentor the students (recruited by JA)
- The program is delivered digitally through JA’s learning management system with fillable PDF worksheets
- Students are tasked to solve an issue in their community by creating a product or service
- Students will learn the key elements of creating, organizing and operating a business
- Optional PitchFest and Spring Competition events available
- CTE classes such as engineering, health pathways and computer science are welcome
- Check out student team company reports and commercials below!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED FOR OUR SPRING 2021 SEMESTER!
- Recruiting/matching: November/December
- Program starts: Late January
- Program ends: May
Fall and Spring Semesters:
- Stretch your implementation across both semesters if desired
Volunteers: How can you get involved?
We are always looking for business-minded volunteers for the roles below:
- Mentor: Be a classroom mentor with 5-9 classroom visits over 14 weeks (6-12 hour time commitment total). As a mentor, you can work alone or with co-mentor(s). Curriculum and training are provided.
- Subject Matter Expert: Bring your real world experience to the classroom (in person or virtually) as a guest speaker on topics such a design thinking, marketing, sales, business plans, etc. (1 hour commitment per classroom)
- Judge: Judge and provide feedback for student company pitch sessions (2-5 hour time commitment).
Please note that all volunteer opportunities will be virtual until further notice. To express your interest in being a Mentor, Subject Matter Expert or Judge for Spring 2021, please contact Jenni Preciado at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will start matching volunteers with classrooms in December for Spring semester. Please share this opportunity with any colleagues that might be interested!
JA COMPANY PROGRAM SCHOOL REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR!
Have questions about getting involved or how this program fits in your classroom? Contact Jenni Preciado at email@example.com.
View Previous Student Team Annual Reports About Previous Student Team Annual Reports
View Previous Student Team Company Commercials About Previous Student Team Company Commercials
JA Company Program Competition Presented By OtterCares
For more information about this opportunity, please contact us!