JA San Diego Take Stock in your Future Details
Through JA Take Stock in Your Future, high school students discover the benefits and challenges of investing in the stock market as part of a broader, long-term investment strategy and the risks and rewards of trading.
- High school students spend 5 class sessions learning about the fundamentals of investing for their futures and basic concepts about how the stock market works
- Extension activities available for deeper learning
- Curriculum is digital and can be delivered in-person or virtually
- Programs runs late January through early March
- Volunteers work with students to teach content and mentor students
- Teams of students may attend the optional JA San Diego Stock Market Challenge event on March 8, 2022, 9:30am-12:30pm. It will be a hybrid event with students in-person at the JA Campus or virtual via Zoom. Registration for event opens in February.
- Watch the video below to see what the hype is all about!
TEACHERS: SCHOOLS CAN REGISTER HERE.
VOLUNTEERS: VOLUNTEERS CAN REGISTER HERE
Contact Jenni Preciado at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
JA Take Stock in Your Future
For more information about the JA Take Stock in Your Future program, visit the JA Take Stock in Your Future program page.
JA Stock Market Challenge
6th Annual JA Stock Market Challenge
This optional fast-paced mock stock market simulation invites students from all over the county to compete against each other to build the largest mock portfolio.